Friday, December 12, 2014

12/11/2014 Wild Ride!!

Mother Nature has not been kind to us out here in the Pacific Northwest!!  Yesterday was one of those days that started off with a nice rain, what we here call liquid sunshine and by noon the clouds did part and we got to see the sun.  Matter of fact it was t-shirt weather for a few hours!!  Then the fury of Mother Nature hit from the south!!  We fought winds in the 50 mph range and it wasn't fun!
Around 4ish the tarps were blown off the greenhouse and the classic car.  I was out putting the tarps on the car and moving the ones for the greenhouse to the garage.  I had to tie the windows down again on the greenhouse and decided I had enough of the wind.  Headed for the house in time to sat
at the front door to watch one of the neighbor's tall pines split and come crashing down.  What a rush!!  The other neighbor came out and moved her car to our driveway as it wasn't a pretty sight.
I then watched from the safety of the inside of the house only going out to move tarps on the car and the brug house.  At one point it had blown the door wide open the cement block was pushed away from the door.  Today will be clean up day as you all know I won't allow the junk to lay in my yard
like the other neighbors do.

We lost one window on the new greenhouse so I need to get that ordered but will only replace it in the spring.  Bubble wrap will be used to keep the heat in.

Photos:




Well that wasn't a lot of fun!  I dropped a large cement block on my hand and ended up in the urgency clinic that Sat. due to the one finger was all red/purple and black. I was so lucky nothing was broken and it put me out of commission for a week.  I know it was over my 10 lb limit but someone had to do the cleanup.  I don't dare say too loud my yard is cleaned up for the winter, as thing are going I'll be out cleaning up the yard again is we get another wind storm.  So far this year we have taken 2 truck loads and 8 -45 gallon bag of leaves off the yard, let me tell you it's not our trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment