Thursday, April 30, 2020

4/29/2020 Time to Cut Back















Yesterday I was out and noticed that the four
Heavenly Bamboo were looking not so heavenly.
I found that the base of them were covered 6 inches
deep with fir needles, walnuts and pine cones.  No
wonder they looked bad!  These sit up under the neighbor's
fir trees and as I started to cut back I found lots of
sticks and limbs.   A few weeks ago limbs had hit
a couple and there was damage.   These shrubs
were close to the top of the fence, so it was time
to cut back and clean out the bases.  Sorry no before
photos but here is what is left.  Will take out the remainder
when my recycle bin is emptied today.  I can also
clean the fence and they will grow back.

Here is one we cut back in fall due to 
mold that had spread the from a neighboring
yard.  The Honeysuckle was covered with
the mold and the squirrels use the fence area
to travel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment