Thursday, July 15, 2021

Datura Missouri Marble

 A dear friend sent me two plants this 
year after I was unable to obtain some.
These are very special plants and I just
love their variegation!  







































Yes, I have plenty of pollen to use on 
our second attempt to cross a Brugmansia
and a Datura.






















Bloom #2






















8/3/2021

The first two blooms were crossed with B. 
Shorty's pollen and the third bloom with B. 
Frosty Pink.




















Then this evening when our B. Sorro opened I was
able to cross it with D. MM pollen.








































This bloom I crossed with B. Frosty pink.  I also
removed the anther and once it's open so no pollen 
will touch the stigma.

Another bloom was found today 2/09/2021 and I 
just allowed it to do it's thing but I removed the 
anthers so we will see if it self pollenates.  No 
pollen unless the bees find other pollen.






















The smaller second plant is starting to bloom!

9/22/2021

In my attempts to save both plants I dug them up and
put then in pots yesterday.  They still look great this
am.

No comments:

Post a Comment