Saturday, September 18, 2021

Time To Focus On The Fall Cut Back

Plus move all the special plants inside!  




 









There is still plenty that is still blooming
so they will be left until last.  After the 
the Brugmansia are put way, it's time to 
go bed by bed and remove what I can.  
Also time to put down the Fall fertilizer.

Time to also harvest seeds!!

I was also asked why the early cut back.
Some of the items we are not saving seeds
and so it can be cut back once the leaves 
start to yellow.  It is also time to treat irises
and they can be cut back.  I will also be 
stripping the rose leaves, less mess.  This
past weekend I started to cut back the 
Clematis due to mildew, less mess.  But
have left some as they are blooming like
crazy, the bees still need to eat.  The Pollen
is lacking in some plants so they too can 
go.    Really I just don't do the cooler 
weather like I used to be able to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment