Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Newest Clematis

 Today was my day to take the one gallon 
newest babies from fall and the first of 
this year and bump them up into 3 gallon
pots.  Here is the finish Setup for them.
















The ones I got in the fall were cut back
and the younger ones were let go to grow.  


A couple weeks ago I started the summer cut 
back and I'm already seeing new growth.






















We have had some hot weather so I tend 
to do the cut back after the 4th of July and 
if you do so make sure you fertilizer with
a 20/20/20 fertilizer.  I do this weekly and
when they are around a few feet tall then 
I'll switch to a bloom booster.



  

















Here are our two largest
ones all cut back!

5 more to go and 3 will need
larger pots!

A grower suggested tree
sleeves on a group I belong
to so I decided to give it
a try due to having to cut
pots from some of the ones
I just potted up.   Here is
the newest Clematis in 
a tree sleeve and potted 
into a larger pot.




















Today I posted this on the FB 
clematis group and I hope this
helps others.  

7/17/2022

Today I finally got to finish 
the cut back on all the Clematis.

Here is the last one.



















She was a small plant when I
put her in the one gallon pot
in April.  She was a cutting off
one plant that I lost.  She was
given the right spot in the hosta
pot by the front door, morning 
sun and afternoon shade.    

Here is her bloom.


















I took cutting and keep your toes crossed
that they take off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment