Wednesday, August 9, 2023

B. Hunter, Tyler and Dusty

 Back in the 1990s when I first
got B. Shorty's Variegated I started
playing with her with B. Charles
Grimaldi's pollen.  I was told that
I would only get albinos.  To my
surprise I got more than albinos.
The first one was names B. Jutner
Peachy Cream the same year I
was also was able to get B. Hunter
which was never release.  A couple
years later with another B. Charles
Grimaldi's pollen I was able to cross
again and found two solid seedlings!
B. Tyler and Dusty were their given
names but again not released.  B. Tyler
was a Brugmansia that was harder to 
grow than the other two.  I thought I 
lost that one several times but to my
surprise all three bloomed this year!

These were named after a garden 
friend's son that had a good friend 
that die of Cancer.  B. Hunter was 
really special and one was passed 
along to Dusty, whom I lost track of
and hope she is well.  I heard that 
Dusty lost her son Tyler and her 
husband.  I miss my old friend.

Here is a photo of all three in bloom.
The tall on is B. Hunter, the three blooms
to the left is B. Tyler and you can barely
see B. Dusty to the right in the photo.  The 
tall one in the center is B. Hunter.














B. Tyler




















B. Hunter




















The above one always stayed a greenish
color but this year with the heat we are
seeing the salmon shade.

B. Dusty























Who is also turning the salmon
shade.


B. Jutner Peachy Cream

The above was a cross with a B. named
Jutner Orange/ aka Charles Grimaldi.
Story goes some nursery across the pond
couldn't sell B. Charles Grimaldi and so 
they changed the name to B. Jutner Orange
and a local nursery bought one.
The others were cross with a B. Charles
Grimaldi that was found locally.

B. Jutner Peachy Cream has been
blooming since the end of May.




No comments:

Post a Comment