Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Clematis 2020

Another one of my favorites are the Clematis,
which is going to be the next addition to the
garden.
Last year I added two, which turned out to
become a couple favorites.  Space is limited
so I'm becoming really picky as to what is
added.

Clematis Multi Blue



























































Clematis texensis 'Pagoda'
























































Clematis 'Crispa"









































Clematis 'Josephine'





Clematis etoile violette








































Clematis 'Piilu'
























































Clematis Duchess of Edinburgh

Clematis Niobe







































Clematis Rooguchi







































Clematis Sweet Autumn


Clematis  Louis Rowe not Franziska Marie as sold.








































Clematis Jackmanii    Front yard one.























Back yard




















Clematis plant grown from seeds from Suzy Mac
from Canada.  I call my plant Suzy Mc as it's from
her.   There is a C. Suzy Mac already.  I will not be
sharing this one.






































Clematis tangutica





















Clematis H.F. Young




















From the tag photo due to the plant will not bloom
this year, small plant.

Clematis Blue Light



















From the tag photo due to the plant will not
bloom this year, small plant.


I have been asked about why we cut our clematis back
this past week.  There is a FB group on clematis that I
shared photo and received lots of questions.   I have been
doing this for a while now.   I had an elderly lady stop at
one of my garage sale and talked to me about early cut
back so they will flower in the fall.  I look forward in
cutting them back before the 15th of July, her recommended
cut off date.  Not to do it in any later, were her words.  I used
to wait 48 hours to fertilize but was told the other day cut and
fertilize.  Last year I started to use the Rose Fertilizer, the 3 in
1 formula, what a difference!!  When I cut back I also add fresh
soil and then I wait a week and add more rose fertilizer.  Then weekly
I will fertilize half strength until they reach 4/5 foot.  I then use
ever other week a flower booster and full strength on a 20/20/20 fertilizer.







 

















7/20/2020

Here are the photos of the clematis already taking off.  A week after cutting we
use Rose Fertilizer and will go back to liquid fertilizer after our heat passes.  One of the
things I have learned to fertilize if it's over 90 is a total waste.  Wait until it cools down.



























Then this am I got an email from Springhill nursery on
clematis pruning.  So I thought I would post it here to help
also.  Try it and see for yourself.


https://www.springhillnursery.com/clematis_pruning_guide?p=0475802&uid=---H~dCOKvnpR&fbclid=IwAR26RHPdfvlFYXF_loCdmAJOl5ifxMKAsQgLU1ClyjHaUoOFCvdSMMCIQjY


7/30/2020

We currently have all the clematis plants showing signs of growth.

We are totally impressed on how well they are doing even with our hot
temps of 90+ for the past week.    More photos to come!

The first one cut is currently 3 foot tall already!

No comments:

Post a Comment