Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Spring 2021

 Last Saturday was the official day of spring but
we are still seeing chilly mornings.  Last date of 
frost is April 15 so we still have some time to
wait before moving everything out of the 
greenhouses.   

I mowed the lawn yesterday and the grass is
filling in nicely except in the back where I 
would like to remove it and put in gravel.
But will toss out more grass seed.

We have put down the first fertilizer with
moss control and that has helped kill off
the moss.   The next dry day I'll spray 
what is still living.

The spring flowers are finding their way
upward to bloom!  By may the iris will be
in bloom.  We are seeing clematis starting 
to grow.  I lost a couple of the younger ones
due to the snow.  Guess more clematis will
have to be added?  I have been pulling weeds
as it's to early to use the round up.  Today I
will be planting the Datura seeds collected
from last year.  I decided this year not to cut
the roses back and may kick myself for it
but have also given them all their first dose
of fertilizer.

We are also talking about mulching the yard
if the hand can handle it.  When you see bare 
ground it's time.  I also want to paint the house
this year and change the colors.

The gardens will open after May 1, this year
as we are still working on the damage of the
yard from Feb. snow and ice storm.



No comments:

Post a Comment