Monday, September 25, 2023

First Fall Storm Of The Season!

 Hit yesterday with the first round 
of  back to back storms.  When the 
wind hit last night it tore up the outer
layer of plastic and tore the tarp on the
greenhouse.  What a mess!  Not only
the plastic but I now have pine needles
all over the north and east yard.  I will
have to clean out all the pots sitting on 
the driveway as that was totally covered.




















So this morning I washed off the driveway
and you could see all the needles washing
away.  Then later in the morning I went out
and blew the leaves out of the circle.  Then 
I had to blow all the pine needles off the 
deck.

Then it was time to bring in all the Clivias
to their winter home.






















I just have a few!!

Then the wind started to pick up again and I
thought I better bring in a couple brugs that
were just starting to open.  A squirrel got one
of the huge buds so I wanted to see the rest 
bloom.























By the evening the pink one, which is the huge
bud one opened fully.




















After taking this photo I went to the greenhouse
where the orange double was to take the photo
of it, still blooming her heart out!




















As you can see I fill my day so full
of things to check off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment