Sunday, September 1, 2024

Closing Our Gardens Early

 We usually close by mid October,
this year due to the heat and I just
learned I need more surgery.  So 
the yard is starting to disappear
as I put it away for the rest of the
season.  It will be easier to take 
care of if all is in a couple places. 

So I have started to put the 
Brugmansias away.  Last Friday 
I finished their house and adding 
a temp hoop house to the east 
of the greenhouse to store plants 
that can handle being outside 
during the winter months. 

As of this evening I'm almost
half way done putting the Brugs
in the yard away.  Then I'll do the
ones blooming on the driveway.
Most of them will go into the 
tropical greenhouse.

3/2/2024




 























Filling up fast and less than a 2 dozen to go.
These were done first as they didn't have any
buds and again I cut them back more than 
normal.

9/4/2024

Happy to say, I'm down to the one Brugmansia 
that is in the huge cement pot out front left to
strip and put away!!






















































9/6/2024

Today I started stripping the Abutilon /
Flowering Maples and cutting back the 
calla lilies and putting them away.

9/7/2024

After a few hours on the driveway and
listening to the tractor removing the 
trunks from next door, I can say most
of the smaller Abutilons are now
cut back and in the greenhouse.  I am 
also cutting back the Columbines and
moving them to the covered open space.
Thank goodness the recycle bins are
going to be emptied this week!  I bet 
we can fill all 3 yard bins in less than
a day we are that far behind due to the
last tree removal.

9/8/2024

Today I'll need to readjust both greenhouses
to make for more room or it will be time 
to start stacking plants this year.

I started stripping the leaves of the last
large Abutilon and got 6 done today besides
cutting back the north Hosta garden bed.
Only two Abutilons to go and was able
to find space for them.  There area a few
plants that will become house plants.

If you haven't see the photos of our yard
we do not have the typical yard most have
in Clark County!  As one attorney stated, 
"You have created a paradise here!  Just 
breath taking."  Another Attorney that has
visited was just speechless and surprised 
at what we had created. 

Our gardens are open by appointment
only.  



No comments:

Post a Comment