Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Ice, Rains & Winds

 First we had on the 23 an Ice Storm
then came on the 26 the Rain hit, with
27 we had over 50 mph Winds!  What
a week so far.  

This am when I left for the shot clinic
the van was pelted by falling pinecones. 
While awaiting my 30 minutes after the 
shot was given the phone stared to bing.
I checked and the tarp had blown off the 
greenhouse.  So I hurried home taking the
regular route when I got to the lower area
a limb came down and hit the drivers wind-
shield hitting the wiper.  Thank goodness
I was close to home and didn't turn them
back on until I could adjust them in the 
garage.  Got in the house just in time for
the power to go off and one scared fur
baby!!  No power from 10:30am to 
4:30pm and the house got cold!!   I also 
went out in the rain and put extra sand
bags at each leg of the gazebo after seeing
it try to fly. The poor little girl hates thunder
to the point she will jump into the tub down 
the hall when she is scared.  I couldn't get her
to come out of the bathroom at all.  So I put
her blanket in the tub.

Poor Sable's area was covered in limbs and 
pinecones!  What a huge mess.  I was able to
get it cleaned up and pull the tarp behind the
fence area.  Tomorrow if the rain lets up I
can put it back on the greenhouse.  I noticed
the light pop on in the greenhouse after I go
the tarp moved.  I quickly went in and rest the
heater, grabbed the rake and cleaned up to the
north of the carport, then went inside the 
Brug House and rest that heater for the night.
It was starting to get dark so it will have to 
all wait until light.

The news stated we had close or over 5 inches
of rain in the past 48 hours.  To watch for falling
trees due to what we have seen in the last few 
days.  Our winds were over 50 mph in the valley
with  Mt Hood having upwards of 75 mph.  Yes,
they closed due to the winds.  

What a wild ride!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment